Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sabbatical coming to an end

I am writing this entry in the Tampa airport, after a visit with my father and sister. My father's health has declined in the past year and this was a good time for a visit.

I report back to work on Friday at the Cathedral on the first day of diocesan convention -- certainly a busy time for re-entry. My first Sunday back will be November 1st. I will visit St. James', Zion Street this coming Sunday.

Not fully prepared to offer lasting comments on my collective sabbatical time at this point. Only that it has truly been a wonderful time of rest and study and travel and re-connection with family. A real gift: thank you Lilly Endowment. I return with a continued sense of calling to my pastoral work in Hartford and I look forward connecting to the folks at the Cathedral.

I waited 18 years for this time away: it was well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Mark,
    I was a constant follower (it's my business) and I'll look forward to you post sabbatical views. What did you learn? What would you have done differently? In fact, I'd very much like to interview you. So let me know on that. I think you could inspire others - (so they won't wait 18 years!)
    Barbara Pagano
    bpagano@yoursabbatical.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your father.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete